31 August 2012

Princess Diana: Follow your heart

Found on Pinterest, originally attributed to Jenny Burrows

On 31 August 1997, Princess Diana passed away in a car accident in Paris and, to me, the world really hasn't been the same since.

Those were the days before blogging and Facebook and Twitter, and not everyone had owned their first cellphone yet  sure, the handset was bigger than your whole face, but damn, you were cool!

We were still all connected, just at a slightly slower pace. People were famous for proper things like good work, great achievements or because they were royal  not because they'd had a sex tape leaked on the Internet, they'd slandered someone on Twitter, or because they were good at being a slutty, air-headed socialite with deep pockets.

On this day in 1997, I had a massive dream come true  the night before, I'd done what my heart had told me to and it was one of the happiest moments of my life.

In 2012, I'm still only doing what my heart tells me to, so today I'll light a candle for Princess Diana and reflect on how far we've all come in 15 years. And, as an entrepreneur, I feel following your heart is sound business advice as well.

Have a great weekend  tomorrow is the "official" start of spring in the southern hemisphere; my favourite time of year! Enjoy your downtime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment